Difficulty: 2/5, easy.
Tour highlights: Small Group Experience, Vatnajökull National Park, Glacier Hiking, Fjallsárlón Glacier Lagoon, Zodiac Boat Ride
You will meet us at the secluded (and locals favorite) Fjallsárlón glacier lagoon, 30 min before the tour starts. This tour is meet on location only.
You will start with a 45 minute Zodiac boat ride among icebergs, prepare your camera because this is a one-in-a-lifetime experience!
You will come to learn about history, how the lagoon was formed and the inhabitants of this beautiful attraction by your knowledgeable guide.
After your journey, you must travel on your own to Skaftafell where you will get an introduction to the world of ice. Then you will start the short hike along Falljokull´s glacier valley. As we arrive to the edge of the glacier you will gear up with crampons and make your way up the icy slope. You will be able to witness some of the most amazing views, together with some curiosities about the glacier itself.
- Glacier hike
- All necessary glacier equipment
- A Zodiac boat tour on Fjallsárlón lagoon
- Waterproof jacket and pants (We do have rental clothing available)
- Hiking boots (Available for rent, 1000 isk. We advise against runners or any type of shoe that comes up below the ankle bone as the straps on the crampons can get a bit painful during the walk)(Climbing boots are included on the ice climbing tour)
- Light sweater, wool or fleece
- Light synthetic or quick dry pants (Try and stay clear of jeans on the longer trips as they get wet & cold quick and dry slow)
- Thin Gloves
- Small Backpack (Can be handy to carry camera, rain gear and all extras)
- Sunglasses and sun protection (It can get quite bright on the ice with the reflection)
- Food and drinks (Lunch is not provided on any of our trips. June - September there is plenty of fresh water on the glacier so bring a bottle)
- Camera (If you forget everything else don´t forget that)
What if I don’t have the necessary items?
You can rent hiking boots, waterproof jacket and pants from us when you book your tour.
All gear is also available for rent at the booking house in Skaftafell.